Dear piano families,
What a wonderful time it has been to witness each of my students, including your child, grow as musicians and individuals the last few months! Thank you for allowing me this privilege to get to know them and your families better. Please join me in briefly celebrating and highlighting some of the students achievements that happened in the last few months!
I did not get a chance to snap pictures for every student with their certificate, but I wanted to recognize everyone who has learned 40 pieces since starting piano. Congratulations to Eamon, Ava, William J., Kaeden, Vienna, Violet, and Audrey for learning their first 40 pieces since starting piano (and since the last newsletter)!
Congratulations also to Allen for passing RCM Level 5 Practical and Theory exams, to Kenan for passing RCM Level 6 Practical and Theory exams, and to Alex for passing the Royal Conservatory of Music’s (RCM) Level 7 Practical and Theory exams. The RCM curriculum is incredibly strenuous — almost college-level in the higher levels — so I would like to especially applaud these three students for putting in extra hard work and applying themselves in preparing for their exams!
Overview of Upcoming Fall Events
Please take note of the following dates:
- Sept. 2 – Labor Day, Studio Closed
- Sept. 3 – Piano lessons begin, following the new schedule
- Oct. 15 – RCM Winter Exams Registration Deadline
- Oct. 20 – CAPMT** Young Artist Competition
- Oct. 20 – CAPMT MTNA Studio Festival, non-competitive, Fall/Halloween-themed
- Nov. 23 – Studio Recital 1, to be confirmed
- Nov. 25-29 – Thanksgiving Break, Studio Closed
- Dec. 14 – Studio Recital 2, to be confirmed
- Dec. 22-Jan. 5 – Christmas/New Years Break, Studio Closed
For the most up-to-date weekly calendar, please check the My Music Staff calendar, which you can view by logging in with your email address and password from here: https://belindaspianostudio.mymusicstaff.com/.
**CAPMT stands for the California Association of Professional Music Teachers, which is the local music teacher’s association
View original newsletter here: https://mailchi.mp/ed85a92ea52b/piano-spring-summer-newsletter-7989338