Dear piano families,
Thank you for continuing to invest in your child’s piano education! Before the school year is in full gear, I wanted to take some time to highlight a few memorable moments from this past summer by welcoming new students, noting upcoming important dates, and celebrating student achievements. As always, it has been a tremendous honor for me to work with your child and watch them grow. I cannot wait to see what this new school year brings!
I hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful Labor Day weekend, and I look forward to seeing you for your lessons after that!
2018 Summer Session Digest
Please join me in welcoming new students Brooke, Boston, Vienna, Amelia, and Sara to the studio! These kids are doing amazing work and becoming wonderful musicians. I look forward to teaching and helping each of them flourish into musically-sensitive individuals!
Upcoming Studio & Local Events
Please take note of the following dates!
- Sept. 3 – No Lessons, Labor Day
- Sept. 4 – Fall Tuition Due & Lessons Begin
- Oct. 16 – MDP Winter Exams Registration Deadline
- Oct. 27 – CAPMT MTNA Studio Festival (non-competitive)
- Oct. 28 – CAPMT Young Artists Competition
- Nov. 3 or 4 – Studio Duet Rehearsal Party 1! (This will probably happen around late morning – midday; more details to come)
- Nov. 12-16 – Parent/Teacher Phone Conferences
- Nov. 17 or 18 – Studio Duet Rehearsal Party 2! (More details to come)
- Nov. 18 – CAPMT State Piano Auditions
- Nov. 19-24 – No Lessons, Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 1 or 8 – Studio Recital (More details to come)
All the students have demonstrated growth in note-reading and musical capacities the last few months. I specifically wanted to highlight the hard work of some students this past summer! Royal Conservatory of Music – Music Development Program Exams
- Students receiving First Class Honors (scores > 80)
- Kenan, Level 4
- Allen, Level 4
- Students receiving Honors (scores > 70)
- Alex, Level 6
- Congratulations to Brooke for finishing 5 lesson books and learning more than 30 pieces since June!
- Leah has strengthened her note-reading skills and challenged herself by playing pieces from The Greatest Showman!
- Boston has been finding creative ways to practice challenging parts in his pieces!
View the original newsletter here: https://mailchi.mp/ecd78aa2aafe/piano-2018-summer-newsletter-7989334